From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@srcf.ucam.org>
Subject: Re: "end of file during parsing"
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 18:50:09 +0100	[thread overview]

On  8 jan 2006, kevin.greiner@compsol.cc wrote:

> 1) Append a ")" to close the list then add the digit "1" to inform
> the agent that the list is uncompressed.  The end of your file
> should look something like
>
> (357190)
> (357191)
> (357192))
> 1

Thanks for your advice.  I followed it and everything seems to be
working fine again.  Examining .agentview after starting gnus and
getting new news there is no change in the file, except for the
addition of several new entries below the old ones.

Out of curiosity, am I likely to experience any kind of corruption or
odd behaviour due to this?  Or is it entirely safe?

> 2) There's no cause to find.  The entire list, including your
> missing parenthesis, is printed by a single call to princ.

Well, I agree that this would be hard to find; I looked in the lisp
manual for variables controlling the lisp printer for likely culprits
but found nothing that could explain this failure mode.  Nevertheless,
things like this don't happen by themselves.  But I suppose the
problem could be deep in emacs somewhere, far beneath gnus.

--
Gaute Strokkenes                        http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
I always liked FLAG DAY!!