Arne Jørgensen skriver: > What we could do in Gnus is: > > 1. If it contains "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" it is in PEM-format. > > 2. Otherwise try to base64-decode it and if that succeeds also assumed > it is in PEM-format. > > 3. Finally decide it must be in DER-format. > > This shouldn't be difficult to implement. I have time make an > implementation on Tuesday. I have implemented the above strategy. I had no way to test it (except that it still works with DER encoded certificates). The attached patch also includes the patch for LDAP handling in XEmacs (from some weeks ago). Kind regards, -- Arne Jørgensen