Simon Josefsson writes: > Profiling results of > `nnfolder-request-update-info' and `nnfolder-request-set-mark' for > largish groups would be interesting. Ok, attached are the results from a enter and the results from an exit, done as you suggested. One oddity: The first time I hit SPC after elp-reset-all, I get Retrieving newsgroup: nnfolder:geg... Key sequence A P uses invalid prefix characters The second time I hit SPC, Gnus enters the group without a problem. That's why the results show two calls to some functions. So take the elapsed time, not the average time, for these functions. If I do elp-results after the error message, then when I hit SPC a second time, emacs dies! Completely reproducible.