* why are sent buffers not burried.
@ 2022-09-23 16:07 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-09-23 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi

When I run ibuffer (or buffer list), I see

*sent wide repl...      1125 Message          ~/News/drafts/drafts/55

Why aren't these buffers burried after sending. I mean keeping them
might be useful in some scenarios but in general it might be annoying.

Is there any variable that controls that?

Uwe Brauer

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.

* Re: why are sent buffers not burried.
@ 2022-09-23 16:15 ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2022-09-23 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

    Uwe> Hi

    Uwe> When I run ibuffer (or buffer list), I see

    Uwe> *sent wide repl...      1125 Message          ~/News/drafts/drafts/55

    Uwe> Why aren't these buffers burried after sending. I mean keeping them
    Uwe> might be useful in some scenarios but in general it might be annoying.

    Uwe> Is there any variable that controls that?

    message-kill-buffer-on-exit is a variable defined in `message.el'.

    Its value is t
    Original value was nil

    Non-nil means that the message buffer will be killed after sending a message.

Robert

* Re: why are sent buffers not burried.
@ 2022-09-24  6:32   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-09-24  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)