Dan Christensen writes: > Eric Abrahamsen writes: > >> Dan Christensen writes: >> >>> I tried these two one-line patches, and they allowed me to use nnmairix >>> again, although it wasn't smooth. > > [...] > >> This patch might offer the right solution: the group creation process >> sets the subscription level for the new group. This triggers all the >> necessary processes (I think) to get the group noticed by Gnus, so it >> doesn't trigger errors or require you to manually enter it. > > [...] > > I tried your patch after unapplying Bjøjn Mork's patch, and I got the > same backtrace as usual, due to a nil value getting passed in. See > below. > > Then I tried applying both your patch and Mork's patch, and didn't see > any difference in behaviour compared to Mork's patch alone. I even > deleted the imap group that nnmairix uses for its storage, in the hopes > that this would cause your new code to run, and still saw no change. > I had to manually subscribe to the group and refresh it before the > nnmairix group could be entered. > > Thanks for the help so far! Ha, well that was a bust, wasn't it? Turns out there were multiple issues here -- the patch I sent fixed group creation via moving messages, but nnmairix calls `nnimap-request-group' with INFO set to nil, so Bjørn's solution was still necessary. I've made some more adjustments to the group creation process, which I hope won't mess anything else up. Would you mind trying these two patches? Thanks, Eric