Hello I just compiled the lastest git version. Although in dgnushack there is a comment ;; XEmacs's `define-obsolete-variable-alias' takes only two arguments: the latest nndiary contains (define-obsolete-variable-alias 'nndiary-request-create-group-functions "24.3") Which does not work in Xemacs If I understand the code of dnugshack correctly it tries to simulate the GNU emacs behaviour for Xemacs and therefore I should load this file? Or Shall one add: (if (featurep 'xemacs) (define-obsolete-variable-alias 'nndiary-request-create-group-functions) (define-obsolete-variable-alias 'nndiary-request-create-group-functions "24.3")) Thanks Uwe Brauer