* reply with receiving mail id
@ 2012-11-07 18:00 Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2012-11-07 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

Gnus is inserting my default email id to "From:" field when replying a
message. But I would like Gnus to look into the original to find "To:" address
and set it to "From:" while replying.  is it possible?

Hope question is clear.

Thanks.,
--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు
YYR

* Re: reply with receiving mail id
@ 2012-11-07 21:44 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2012-11-07 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

,----[ (info "(message)Message Headers") ]
| `message-alternative-emails'
|      Regexp matching alternative email addresses.  The first address in
|      the To, Cc or From headers of the original article matching this
|      variable is used as the From field of outgoing messages, replacing
|      the default From value.
|
|      For example, if you have two secondary email addresses
|      john@home.net and john.doe@work.com and want to use them in the
|      From field when composing a reply to a message addressed to one of
|      them, you could set this variable like this:
|
|           (setq message-alternative-emails
|                 (regexp-opt '("john@home.net" "john.doe@work.com")))
|
|      This variable has precedence over posting styles and anything that
|      runs off `message-setup-hook'.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: reply with receiving mail id
@ 2012-11-07 23:52   ` Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2012-11-07 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello Reiner,

Thanks for the reply,

On 11月 08 2012, Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 07 2012, Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala wrote:
>
>> Gnus is inserting my default email id to "From:" field when replying a
>> message. But I would like Gnus to look into the original to find "To:" address
>> and set it to "From:" while replying.  is it possible?
>
> ,----[ (info "(message)Message Headers") ]
> | `message-alternative-emails'

I have this variable set as advertised. but its not working. I guess I
should debug my .emacs

--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు
YYR