* accented characters in gnus-summary-line-format
@ 2011-11-09  8:42 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2011-11-09  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'm using this to display the To field instead of the author in groups
collecting sent mail:

((gnus-summary-line-format "%8{%8d│%}%8{%4k│%}%9{%U%R%z%}%8{│%}%*%(%-23,23~(form (gnus-extra-header 'To))@%)%7{║%} %6{%B%} %s\n"))

The address is not correctly displayed when it contains non-ASCII
characters. For instance, I get
=?utf-8?Q?Cap=C3=A9ran?

instead of Capéran.

How should I correct it ?

Julien.

* Re: accented characters in gnus-summary-line-format
@ 2011-11-09  8:52 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2011-11-09  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, Nov 09 2011, Julien Cubizolles wrote:

> I'm using this to display the To field instead of the author in groups
> collecting sent mail:
>
> ((gnus-summary-line-format "%8{%8d│%}%8{%4k│%}%9{%U%R%z%}%8{│%}%*%(%-23,23~(form (gnus-extra-header 'To))@%)%7{║%} %6{%B%} %s\n"))
>
> The address is not correctly displayed when it contains non-ASCII
> characters. For instance, I get
> =?utf-8?Q?Cap=C3=A9ran?
>
> instead of Capéran.
>
> How should I correct it ?

Use %f instead of the (gnus-extra-header 'To) form.

,----[ (info "(gnus)Summary Buffer Lines") ]
| `f'
|      The name, `To' header or the `Newsgroups' header (*note To From
|      Newsgroups::).
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: accented characters in gnus-summary-line-format
@ 2011-11-09  9:27   ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2011-11-09  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Wed, Nov 09 2011, Julien Cubizolles wrote:
>

> Use %f instead of the (gnus-extra-header 'To) form.
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Summary Buffer Lines") ]
> | `f'
> |      The name, `To' header or the `Newsgroups' header (*note To From
> |      Newsgroups::).
> `----

That's what I was using but I hadn't set the gnus-ignored-from-addresses
variable.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Julien.