* nnimap, agent and cache
@ 2009-01-24  8:53 Mickael Remond
From: Mickael Remond @ 2009-01-24  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I have just set up gnus to work with IMAP, cache and agent.
The agent works well for getting new mails in all my IMAP mailboxes.

However, I have a problem when I move or delete email.
They are actually removed from the server but are kept in the mailbox by
the agent.
I try marking it to remove it from cache, but it did not help.

Am I missing something ?
Any idea how to force the agent to not only download new mails but also
purge mail that do not exist anyomre on the remote server.

Thank you !

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/

* Re: nnimap, agent and cache
@ 2009-01-24  9:37 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2009-01-24  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Mickael Remond <mremond@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Mickael,

> I have just set up gnus to work with IMAP, cache and agent.  The agent
> works well for getting new mails in all my IMAP mailboxes.
>
> However, I have a problem when I move or delete email.  They are
> actually removed from the server but are kept in the mailbox by the
> agent.  I try marking it to remove it from cache, but it did not help.

I had the same problems when I tried to use the agent with IMAP.  It
simply doesn't work well if articles can be manipulated (copied, moved,
deleted).

For me the consequence was to install a local IMAP server (dovecot) and
sync that with my other IMAP accounts using offlineimap.  I access the
local dovecot server with Gnus but without the agent, and it works just
brilliant and is much faster.

Bye,
Tassilo