* feature prop: better navigation in the mail fields and ispell
@ 2005-09-12 14:57 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-09-12 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

May this message should to the cvs list. However since the code I
propose is rather primitive I'd hesitate to send it to that list.

There are two things I miss from my vm times:

    -  use the tab to navigate in the from and CC and subject field

    -  select a relevant ispell dict based on the recipients address.

May be this all already implemented but I couldn't find it. The
navigation stuff is based on vm-pcrisis, so may be the author should
be contacted if the code would be used (but may some similar
functionality is already part of gnus). Here is what I
use and maybe somebody could improve the code.

;; code for navigation which is based on vm-pcrisis
(require 'vm-pcrisis)
(defun oub-gnus-mail-text ()
  (interactive)
  (expand-abbrev)
  (tool-check-from-and-change-ispell-dic) ;; ispell
  (sigadapt-try-signature)     ;a  package  for   adding    signatures
			     ;depending on the recipients address1
  (turn-on-auto-capitalize-mode)		; for convinience
  (vmpc-tab-header-or-forward-sexp))

(defun tool-check-from-and-change-ispell-dic ()
  "Detect the ispell-dic by searching the To: field"
  (interactive)
  (let (end)
    (save-excursion
      (mail-to)
      (setq end (save-excursion (end-of-line) (point)))
      (beginning-of-line)
	  (if  (re-search-forward "^To: +\\([^ ].*\\)\\.\\bes\\b" end t)
		  (progn
			(my-set-ispell-dict-castellano)
			(message "Next Ispell command will use castellano8
            dictionary"))))))

Of course the function is longer since I have entries for english and
german.

Any comments or opinions?

Uwe Brauer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-09-12 14:57 UTC | newest]