* Processing ham with spam.el
@ 2004-10-31  5:29 Jérôme Marant
From: Jérôme Marant @ 2004-10-31  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I read the proper Gnus manual sections about spam and I managed
to make gnus teach bogofilter about spam messages.

I added the following:

(add-to-list 'gnus-parameters
             '(".*"
               (ham-marks (gnus-ticked-mark))
               (spam-process ((spam spam-use-bogofilter)
                              (ham spam-use-bogofilter)))
               (spam-process-destination "spam")))

However, I can't make it work for ham. Marking messages with '!'
(ticked mark) and leaving the group does not trigger bogofilter.
I must have missed something. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jérôme Marant

* Re: Processing ham with spam.el
@ 2004-11-01 19:05 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2004-11-01 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, jmarant@nerim.net wrote:

> I read the proper Gnus manual sections about spam and I managed
> to make gnus teach bogofilter about spam messages.
>
> I added the following:
>
> (add-to-list 'gnus-parameters
>              '(".*"
>                (ham-marks (gnus-ticked-mark))
>                (spam-process ((spam spam-use-bogofilter)
>                               (ham spam-use-bogofilter)))
>                (spam-process-destination "spam")))
>
> However, I can't make it work for ham. Marking messages with '!'
> (ticked mark) and leaving the group does not trigger bogofilter.
> I must have missed something. Any idea?

It looks correct.  Can you try to force these parameters with `G p' to
be sure they are active in the group of interest?

If you can step through the spam-summary-prepare-exit function, that
would be most helpful.  Specifically,
spam-resolve-registrations-routine will be invoked and I need to know
what articles are listed for ham bogofilter processing.

Ted

* Re: Processing ham with spam.el
@ 2004-11-01 20:23   ` Jérôme Marant
From: Jérôme Marant @ 2004-11-01 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Ted Zlatanov" <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> It looks correct.  Can you try to force these parameters with `G p' to
> be sure they are active in the group of interest?
>
> If you can step through the spam-summary-prepare-exit function, that
> would be most helpful.  Specifically,
> spam-resolve-registrations-routine will be invoked and I need to know
> what articles are listed for ham bogofilter processing.

I can't test currently because I'm having hardware problems. I'll try
this once my machine has been repaired. Sorry about that.

Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant