* saving drafts
@ 2004-04-19  1:26 Marcelo Toledo
From: Marcelo Toledo @ 2004-04-19  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Today I subscribed to a mailing list that uses mailman, soon, I recieved
a mail, all I needed to do is reply to be fully subscribed. So I opened
the message to read and clicked R to reply, and then C-x C-s to save it
in my drafts so I could send it later. Here we get the problem. The
message didn't get stored in drafts because I haven't made any
modification. But in this case I don't need to make modifications to
save it in my drafts, all I need to do is to keep the subject, and with
R it is preserved. I think this could be changed. Anyone agree?

--
Marcelo Toledo
marcelo@marcelotoledo.org

* Re: saving drafts
@ 2004-04-19  7:34 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-04-19  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Apr 19 2004, Marcelo Toledo wrote:

> So I opened the message to read and clicked R to reply, and then C-x
> C-s to save it in my drafts so I could send it later.

`C-x C-s' is not intended to save to drafts (well, it does it as a
side effect).  You should use `C-c C-d' (message-dont-send):

,----[ `C-h k C-c C-d' ]
| C-c C-d runs the command message-dont-send
|    which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `message'.
| (message-dont-send)
|
| Don't send the message you have been editing.
| Instead, just auto-save the buffer and then bury it.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: saving drafts
@ 2004-04-19  8:17 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-04-19  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcelo Toledo <marcelo@marcelotoledo.org> writes:

> Today I subscribed to a mailing list that uses mailman, soon, I recieved
> a mail, all I needed to do is reply to be fully subscribed. So I opened
> the message to read and clicked R to reply, and then C-x C-s to save it
> in my drafts so I could send it later.

Would C-c C-d have stored the message in the drafts properly?

Kai

* Re: saving drafts
@ 2004-04-19 15:11   ` Marcelo Toledo
From: Marcelo Toledo @ 2004-04-19 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

C-c C-d does the job properly. thank you.

--
Marcelo Toledo
marcelo@marcelotoledo.org