* Storing more configuration on IMAP?
@ 2003-09-17 14:44 Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2003-09-17 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone had any luck in storing things like group parameters on
IMAP?  Is there any facility in IMAP whould would help store this kind
of data?

I'd like to be able to use Gnus from multiple places, and have the
group parameters be shared between them. (ideally without copying the
newsrc files around)

--
Josh Huber

* Re: Storing more configuration on IMAP?
@ 2003-09-19 20:06 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-09-19 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, huber@alum.wpi.edu wrote:

> Has anyone had any luck in storing things like group parameters on
> IMAP?  Is there any facility in IMAP whould would help store this
> kind of data?
>
> I'd like to be able to use Gnus from multiple places, and have the
> group parameters be shared between them. (ideally without copying
> the newsrc files around)

In theory this is possible, and I started doing something like it
earlier this year, with a generic IMAP storage interface.  I haven't
made much progress due to time constraints but if you are interested
I can send you the code I wrote.

Ted

* Re: Storing more configuration on IMAP?
@ 2003-09-20  2:30   ` Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2003-09-20  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> In theory this is possible, and I started doing something like it
> earlier this year, with a generic IMAP storage interface.

Cool!

> I haven't made much progress due to time constraints but if you are
> interested I can send you the code I wrote.

Sure, send it my way, maybe I can whip something together...

--
Josh Huber