Hi. I've been off the list for a while (actually, I still am, so I'd really appreciate it if you'd cc: me with any replies). Perhaps I missed the debate on the issue (though I didn't see it in the archives): why is pgg-passphrase-cache-expiry hardcoded to 16 and left with no customization option? One could change it with setq in .gnus, but I assume that you'd rather have a defcustom. The patch I attached replaces the boolean pgg-cache-passphrase with a test for the non-zeroness of pgg-passphrase-cache-expiry, and adds a corresponding defcustom. Unfortunately, I haven't tested this: I'm running emacs and w3m-el from Debian unstable and it seems to have broken my build process. My apologies for the untested-ness, but the patch is sufficiently trivial that it should be evident if it works by visual inspection (I'm not an elisp wizard, but lots of people on this list are). If anyone's had the build problem, the log is below: jdb@bigbox:~/dl/gnus-cvs/gnus$ ./configure jdb@bigbox:~/dl/gnus-cvs/gnus$ make cd lisp && make EMACS="emacs" lispdir="/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp" all make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jdb/dl/gnus-cvs/gnus/lisp' rm -f *.elc gnus-load.el URLDIR=no W3DIR=no lispdir=/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp srcdir=. emacs -batch -q -no-site-file -l ./dgnushack.el -f dgnushack-make-cus-load . Loading cus-dep... Directory . Generating cus-load.el... Wrong type argument: stringp, (mm-inline-text-html-with-w3m-keymap custom-variable) make[1]: *** [gnus-load.el] Error 255 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jdb/dl/gnus-cvs/gnus/lisp' make: *** [lick] Error 2 Patch is attached. Cheers, --Joe