From: Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
Subject: Re: MML multipart tag -- what does it do?
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 17:42:28 +0200	[thread overview]

Nuutti Kotivuori <nuutti.kotivuori@smarttrust.com> writes:

> And there is a problem on this as well. For example if the user wants
> to sign his message, he adds this to the beginning of his message:
>
> <#!part sign=pgpmime>
>
> And everything is fine when he sends normal messages. But if his
> messages contain multiple parts, that above markup will only sign the
> first part. He must write instead:
>
> <#!multipart sign=pgpmime>

Personally, I consider the '<#!part sign=pgpmime>' stuff a completely
broken design.  IMHO, MML should as closely as possible match the MIME
structure of a message.  I still don't know why the initial proposal
for something like this:

   <#multipart type=signed>
   <#part>
   This is a signed multipart.
   </#part>
   <#part type="text/plain" filename="~/file2"
     disposition=attachment description="signed attachment">
   <#/part>
   <#/multipart>

was superseded by this odd construct.