* message-options-get problem...
@ 2001-06-12 18:46 Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2001-06-12 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wonder what's going on here.

A friend of mine whom I regularly send encrypted email told me today
my mail wasn't also signed.  I think I've (finally) tracked down where
the problem is happening.

in mml2015-gpg-encrypt, there is this block:

(or
   (message-options-get 'message-recipients)
   (message-options-set 'message-recipients
	(read-string "Recipients: ")))

which is used to extract the recipients of the message, and passed
along down the chain of calls ultimately to gpg.  The problem is that
message-options-get is returning an array with one *extra* item, an
empty string.

so (when testing, inserting (debug) at appropriate places), I noticed
that mail addressed to myself would return the list
("huber@alum.wpi.edu" ""), which finally got translated into:

gpg .... -r huber@alum.wpi.edu -r --sign ...
                               ^^^^^^^^^

there is the problem...anyone have any ideas as to why message is
returning a bogus empty string at the end of the list?

I'll keep looking, but I thought someone else might have a hint.

Thanks,
--
Josh Huber

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-06-12 18:46 UTC | newest]