* How about one `gnus-summary-mark-as-ancient'?
@ 1999-10-05 23:10 Rui Zhu
From: Rui Zhu @ 1999-10-05 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, there,

When I reopened the old articles in a scored group accidentally or
for test purpose, I'd like to mark it old (ancient) to prevent it
being adaptive scored (I think few people will like to score on
`gnus-ancient-mark', might be wrong?).  Maybe I'm too paranoid, think
if I've set `gnus-decay-scores' to `t'.  Does some others think such a
new command be handy so it can be merged into pgnus later?  Or have I
overlooked some features already in Gnus?

The attached code is shamelessly stolen from
`gnus-summary-mark-as-dormant' or `gnus-summary-mark-as-expirable', just
change a little.  I personally bind it to key `M O' now.

;; begin
(defun gnus-summary-mark-as-ancient (n)
  "Mark N articles forward as ancient.
If N is negative, mark backward instead.  The difference between N and
the actual number of articles marked is returned."
  (interactive "p")
  (gnus-summary-mark-forward n gnus-ancient-mark))
;; end

#\Rui

--
Happy Gnusing!

* Re: How about one `gnus-summary-mark-as-ancient'?
@ 1999-11-06  3:22 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-11-06  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rui Zhu <sprache@iname.com> writes:

> When I reopened the old articles in a scored group accidentally or
> for test purpose, I'd like to mark it old (ancient) to prevent it
> being adaptive scored (I think few people will like to score on
> `gnus-ancient-mark', might be wrong?).  Maybe I'm too paranoid, think
> if I've set `gnus-decay-scores' to `t'.  Does some others think such a
> new command be handy so it can be merged into pgnus later?

Hm.  I'm a bit leery of adding such a command to Gnus.  I think it
might lead people to believe that they can persistantly mark articles
as ancient, when they really can't.  That is, once they exit the
group, those marks will be gone again.

But I don't know.  Whadday'allthink?