* Fetching Expired articles from dejanews?
@ 1998-01-04 21:54 Patrick Audley
From: Patrick Audley @ 1998-01-04 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Is it possible, if on doing and 'A r' in the summary buffer,
to have Gnus fetch the parent article from dejanews if it has expired
on the local server?
						Thanks.
--
This space intentionally has nothing but text explaining why this
space has nothing but text explaining why this space would otherwise

* Re: Fetching Expired articles from dejanews?
@ 1998-01-04 22:19 ` Randal Schwartz
From: Randal Schwartz @ 1998-01-04 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Patrick> 	Is it possible, if on doing and 'A r' in the summary buffer,
Patrick> to have Gnus fetch the parent article from dejanews if it has expired
Patrick> on the local server?
Patrick> 						Thanks.

Dejanews cannot give you the article in unmangled form (they toss the
date header, for example).  Altavista can, but only goes back a few
months.  Maybe some two-stage approach.

I've sent Lars the URL needed for a
altavista-original-text-by-message-id server.

Email: <merlyn@stonehenge.com> Snail: (Call) PGP-Key: (finger merlyn@ora.com)
Web: <A HREF="http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/">My Home Page!</A>
Quote: "I'm telling you, if I could have five lines in my .sig, I would!" -- me