Lars Ingebrigtsen writes: > Brent Busby writes: > >> Yes, I am using nnfolder for mailboxes that get long term storage. What >> seems to sometimes happen if I copy or move an email or Usenet message >> into an nnfolder is either: >> >> - The new copy in the nnfolder will get a X-Gnus-Article-Number number >> that is not in sequence compared to the other messages in the >> nnfolder. In cases where the new messages number is actually lower >> than the one before it, Gnus will not display that message in the >> summary, or any messages that come after it. You will have to use >> another mailreader to see these messages, or look at them raw with a >> pager like less. > > Is this repeatable? I tried this myself now, and the nnfolder message > got an X-Gnus-Article-Number header. > > In any case, please report this with `M-x report-emacs-bug' so that we > can track the problem. Like I said, it _does_ get the header, but much of the time, it's out of sequence. (The number may sometimes be lower than the last message that was already in the mailbox.) It seems to depend on what the last message number was in the mailbox it came from, rather than the one it's being copied to. -- + Brent A. Busby + "We've all heard that a million monkeys + Sr. UNIX Systems Admin + banging on a million typewriters will + University of Chicago + eventually reproduce the entire works of + James Franck Institute + Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, + Materials Research Ctr + we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky