* feature request: patch file digests
@ 1996-01-07  3:12 Greg Stark
From: Greg Stark @ 1996-01-07  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hmm, There's this group I "read",  de.alt.sources.linux.patches, which posts
patches for new linux kernels.  Sort of handy for watching for when the
drivers I use actually change or new features get added.  But reading over
then thousand line patches that get posted in 7 parts is kinda awkward.

It would be cool if someone wrote a digest format for patch files.
Each file could show up as a separate article making it easy to jump straight
to the file I want to see.  Hmm, thinking about this it might make more sense
to write a patch-mode.el and shar-mode.el and just have nndoc call them on the
article.

I could try writing this, and probably will try.
But I'm not sure I'll be able to do it

--
greg
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 96 23:01:46 -0500
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@MIT.EDU>
Subject: Returned mail: Unable to deliver mail
To: gsstark@MIT.EDU

554 gsstark... Bad format for qf command: ding (ding

Obviously the best it can do is some kind of heuristic, but it seems like Gnus
should be able to tell at least sometimes that it's not looking at the
author's name.  I would need to see a few more examples before I even had a
decent suggestion for what the heuristic should be.

--
greg

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-01-07  3:12 UTC | newest]