* Red Gnus Request
@ 1996-03-04  6:12 Patrick Audley
From: Patrick Audley @ 1996-03-04  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

	A while ago I heard talk of pinging hosts to see if they are
alive, could this be extended a little to get timings for data sent?
Perhaps a command in the server buffer to time all the hosts, allowing
you to use the fastest host.  This would save some of us lots of time
when we use more than one host to read news from.
						Thanks.

--
... Photons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic.
/*----------------------------------------------------------------.

* Re: Red Gnus Request
@ 1996-04-12  3:16 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-04-12  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Audley <paudley@axionet.com> writes:

> 	I'd think it  would be useful to be able to seperate the marks
> and stuff from the .eld file for nnml groups and perhaps store them in
> directory specific files.  Ex:
> 	nnml:mail.foo
> 	  directory:  ~/mail/foo
> 	  overview:   ~/mail/foo/.overview
> 	  marksfile:  ~/mail/foo/.marks

We have discusses server side annotations (and such), so this may (or
may not) be implemented.  We'll see.

* Red Gnus Request
@ 1996-04-11  4:10 Patrick Audley
From: Patrick Audley @ 1996-04-11  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

	I'd think it  would be useful to be able to seperate the marks
and stuff from the .eld file for nnml groups and perhaps store them in
directory specific files.  Ex:
	nnml:mail.foo
	  directory:  ~/mail/foo
	  overview:   ~/mail/foo/.overview
	  marksfile:  ~/mail/foo/.marks

	This would come in handy for those of us who read nnml over
ftp, or who migrate nntp servers (you would keep all your mail data
regardless of the nntp changes).

	Anyone else think this would work?

--
... Your reality check just bounced.