* asterisks instead of article counts in group buffer
@ 1999-12-01 20:07 Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1999-12-01 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ away immediately. Seek shelter and cover
PGP Key: at a key server near you!  \ head.

* Re: asterisks instead of article counts in group buffer
@ 1999-12-06  3:59 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-12-06  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stainless Steel Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net> writes:

> I figured out how to recreate the asterisks instead of article counts in
> the group buffer, or at least for one condition.  First, the server must be
> in the agent.  If the agent directories are removed (I am not sure which
> files specifically), the next time Gnus starts it apparantly gets a bit
> confused and shows `*' instead of unread message counts.

If you remove the Agent active file, then there's no way that the
Agent can supply Gnus with the article numbers, so having the groups
appear with *'s is the right thing to do.

* Re: asterisks instead of article counts in group buffer
@ 1999-12-06 19:25   ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1999-12-06 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ Caution: Happy Fun Ball may suddenly
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ accelerate to dangerous speeds.