* How do I tell if Gnus is running?
@ 2004-06-03 19:18 Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 2004-06-03 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd like to write a function which starts Gnus, only if it's not
already running. (It's for a mailto handler, and I want to run
gnus-url-mailto, but before I do I want to make sure that Gnus is
started).

What's the best way of testing if Gnus is already running? Is testing
for the existence of the *Group* buffer enough?

Oh, and on a related note, is there a way of starting Gnus, but *not*
checking for mail/news? The documentation implies that (gnus nil t)
should do it, but my experiments seem to show that it doesn't...

Thanks,
Paul.
--
This signature intentionally left blank