From: "Jochen Küpper" <jochen-+It19tn3Rl9sbm7dSapR3bNAH6kLmebB@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Filtering email on the IMAP server
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:49:36 +0200	[thread overview]

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:33:44 -0400 Chris Shenton wrote:

Chris> Jorge Godoy <godoy-EkmVulN54Sk@public.gmane.org> writes:

>> The problem is not with the splitting. It is with some kind of update
>> Gnus is doing for every folder... The splitting is fast and works
>> perfectly now.

Chris> Some times it seems to update but not always. When it does,
Chris> it's intolerably slow, like half an hour or more.

I remember having similar problems (quite a while ago). At the time I
always had a second (identical) nnimap entry in the server buffer.

It might be related to the way you specify gnus-message-archive-group,
i.e. now I include "nnimap+FHI:" in the names given.
On the other hand it might be the agent. One thing that might help is
to delete the entire agent store.

Sorry I am so vague. I never really figured what caused the problem
and don't remember exactly how I solved it.

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)