From: Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@iskon.hr>
Subject: Gnus is cool
Date: 26 Nov 1999 12:03:17 +0100	[thread overview]

The subject line restates a well-established fact, but with a new
reason behind it.

A few days ago a friend of mine griped about features lacking from
`mutt'.  Gnus had most of them, but one of them left me thinking: he
wanted to be able to combine privately received emails with the
archives of responses he keeps, so that he can see prolonged privare
email correspondence nicely threaded to include his contributions to
the debate.

I said: bummer, Gnus doesn't have that either.  And I've always _so_
wanted to have such functionality.  It's so hard following email
threads when my contributions are stuffed in an nnfolder archive
somewhere.

But then idea struck: I want to _combine_ this and that.  In
Gnus-speak the magic word for "combine" is "nnvirtual"!  All I need to
do is create an nnvirtual group that includes "nnml:private" and
"nnfolder:sent-mail-Nov-1999", and lo and behold: I get what I want.

I tried it and it works nicely.  M-x all-hail-gnus!