* gmail and sent mail
@ 2011-03-16 18:16 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-03-16 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nognus

I've been browsing through the list for issues with gmail and "sent
mail".

What solutions are others here using in the case where you do NOT use
the gmail smtp server but rather your own local domain smtp server (ie
gmail is not auto archiving your sent mail in its Sent Mail folder).
Are you somehow configuring gnus to copy to the "from" gmail Sent folder
or just keeping a local archive? Suggestions?

* Re: gmail and sent mail
@ 2011-03-16 18:25 ` Edward O'Connor
From: Edward O'Connor @ 2011-03-16 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Riley; +Cc: nognus

> I've been browsing through the list for issues with gmail and "sent
> mail".
>
> What solutions are others here using in the case where you do NOT use
> the gmail smtp server but rather your own local domain smtp server (ie
> gmail is not auto archiving your sent mail in its Sent Mail folder).
> Are you somehow configuring gnus to copy to the "from" gmail Sent folder
> or just keeping a local archive? Suggestions?

I GCC messages into the group I'm in / the group of the message I'm
replying to, with this code:

(defvar ted-default-gcc-group "INBOX")

(defun ted-gnus-message-archive-group (group)
  (setq group (or group ted-default-gcc-group "INBOX"))
  (let ((method (gnus-find-method-for-group group)))
    (format "%s+%s:%s" (car method) (cadr method) group)))

(setq gnus-message-archive-group 'ted-gnus-message-archive-group)

Ted

* Re: gmail and sent mail
@ 2011-11-03 23:14     ` Raphael Kubo da Costa
From: Raphael Kubo da Costa @ 2011-11-03 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Do you have any kind of archiving language in gnus... something like
> this:
>
> (setq gnus-message-archive-group
>       '((let ((current-archive-date-string
> 	       (format-time-string "%m%y" (current-time))))
> 	  (concat (if (message-news-p)
> 		      "nnml:news.news-"
> 		    "nnml:mail.mail-")
> 		  current-archive-date-string))))

I only have

  ;; Do not automatically try to Gcc "sent.blablabla"
  (setq gnus-message-archive-group nil)

> Would that be likely to circumvent the gmail action?.
>
> Unless I put a Gcc: header in the nnimap mail those only seem to have
> a copy appear in the archive groups shown above.
>
> nnml:mail.mail

Whether a message is stored in "[Gmail]/Sent Mail" should be independent
of your Gnus settings, I guess. I've always thought it was something
done server-side by Gmail itself.

* Re: gmail and sent mail
@ 2011-11-03 23:06   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2011-11-03 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)