* Ma Gnus mug
@ 2016-04-11 15:42 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2016-04-11 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

While trying to fall asleep last night, I started thinking about doing
some Ma Gnus merchandise.  And it struck me that a cup that just said
真<Gnus Logo> really big might be kinda spiffy.  Something like

[-- Attachment #2: sketch1.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 2545 bytes --]

In silver print on a black mug.  Or gold on a red cup!  Or both!  A
nice, big, sturdy but pleasant mug.

But I thought it also might be nice to have something more on the cup
somewhere...

What's "In a cloud bones of steel" in Japanese?  :-)

* Re: Ma Gnus mug
@ 2016-04-11 16:06 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-04-11 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Lars writes:

> While trying to fall asleep last night, I started thinking about doing
> some Ma Gnus merchandise.  And it struck me that a cup that just said
> 真<Gnus Logo> really big might be kinda spiffy.  Something like

That looks good!

(I hope, and trust, that the folding in of Gnus development into GNU
Emacs development, won't change the proud tradition of code names and
stuff. We likes us some stuff.)

> In silver print on a black mug.  Or gold on a red cup!  Or both!  A
> nice, big, sturdy but pleasant mug.

Black, red, silver, gold - sold!

> But I thought it also might be nice to have something more on the cup
> somewhere...
>
> What's "In a cloud bones of steel" in Japanese?  :-)

Cue our Japanese friends.

Looking mucho forward to these.

  :-),

   Adam, currently sporting a spiffy Lovelace & Babbage mug at work.

--
 "Bara russin, ingen kaka"                                    Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Ma Gnus mug
@ 2016-04-12  0:35   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2016-04-12  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 18:06:52 +0200, asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:
> That looks good!

That's exciting!

>> What's "In a cloud bones of steel" in Japanese?  :-)

鋼鉄の骨組みの空高く

Yoshiki Hayashi (林 芳樹), used to be a Gnus developer, translated
it[1], I believe.  It's absolutely correct, though looks like just
a literal translation.

[1] https://github.com/jpl-org/gnus-doc-ja

* Re: Ma Gnus mug
@ 2016-04-15 12:10     ` Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희) @ 2016-04-15 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katsumi Yamaoka, ding

On 2016년 4월 12일 오전 9시 35분 33초 GMT+09:00, Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> wrote:
>On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 18:06:52 +0200, asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren)
>wrote:
>> That looks good!
>
>That's exciting!
>
>>> What's "In a cloud bones of steel" in Japanese?  :-)
>
>鋼鉄の骨組みの空高く
>
>Yoshiki Hayashi (林 芳樹), used to be a Gnus developer, translated
>it[1], I believe.  It's absolutely correct, though looks like just
>a literal translation.
>
>[1] https://github.com/jpl-org/gnus-doc-ja

What does " 鋼鉄の骨組みの空高く" mean? Well i would like hear background explaination for that^^

And the logo is so beautiful!

* Re: Ma Gnus mug
@ 2016-04-18  3:48       ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2016-04-18  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 21:10:34 +0900, Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희) <soyeomul@doraji.xyz> wrote:
> What does " 鋼鉄の骨組みの空高く" mean? Well i would like hear background explaination for that^^

I think this translation depicts a steel frame of a tall building
that is being built.

鋼鉄: steel
骨組み: frame
空高く: high altitude

There is neither a subject nor a verb in this translation, so it
is open to interpretation.  So is the original one, isn't it?
Anyway, I don't know Charles Reznikoff's real intention at all.

* Re: Ma Gnus mug
@ 2016-04-19 13:39         ` Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희) @ 2016-04-19 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katsumi Yamaoka, ding