Today, lantz moore wrote: > this seems to do *almost* what i want, with the odd side effect of putting > the encrypt tag at the top of *every* message. even just hitting m in the > group buffer. ugh, back to the drawing board i suppose... Right. I'd really love to be able to set some variables from a posting-style (just like you tried), so that message-setup-hook (or similar, I don't want to look up their names) behaviour can be controlled by posting-styles. Is it time for gnus-posting-styles-fancy yet? (-: -- Andreas Fuchs, , , antifuchs