Today, Manoj Srivastava wrote: > asf> I agree in that this problem is not a simple one; but I do think > asf> this is a debian issue (see my previous mail - when I suppress > asf> loading of the user config file (I never touch my system-wide > asf> config), gnus features are present). > > Yes, the built in Gnus is not suppressed. Perhaps we should > compare load paths? As you can see, I now know why this happens. And I could kick somebody for it. Most probably, I will be the one who gets kicked (-: The package w3-url-lisp's url.el has (require 'mailcap) in it. And guess where mailcap.el(c) can be found? Right, in lisp/gnus/mailcap.el; This one pulls in mm-util and all the others. I've just reported a bug on this package, but I think this is a debian emacs bug, as well. Oh well, so much for that problem (-: Thanks for the help and patience from you all, -- Andreas Fuchs, , asf@jabber.at, antifuchs