Today, Kai Großjohann wrote: > I think there's a reason for url.el to require mailcap. And > mailcap.el comes with url. So this is a problem only when > considering the interaction of packages. No, on this system, it doesn't. I'm using the latest version of url-w3-e21, and the only mailcap.el I have lying around is the one that comes with the two gnusae I have installed (emacs's and my cvs install). > I wonder if Debian could allow users to frob the load-path before the > standard w3 package is loaded? Maybe read a file ~/.emacs.first, if > it exists? It does already, by having an /etc/emacs/site-start.el, but that's not what powerless users can modify. Root must do this. (-: -- Andreas Fuchs, , asf@jabber.at, antifuchs