Today, Kai Großjohann wrote: > lawrence mitchell <0198183+ding@sms.ed.ac.uk> writes: >> Elegant though it is, not quite, since encode-time doesn't like a >> list, it wants each argument separetely, at least it does in 21.2 >> and 20.4, which is odd, since the doc-string claims that it's the >> reverse of decode-time, which returns a list. > > Ah, I missed that. > > (apply 'encode-time (parse-time-string date)) should fix it. Doesn't, sorry. encode-time complains because of non-integer values (and inded, parse-time-string of the string passed from the TC function yields nil values in its result list. that is because only the day, month and year are contained in the string. I would really like to use your solution. What do you think would be a good aproach to fixing that? Add a parameter to tc.el's header alist, or fix encode-time? Thanks, -- Andreas Fuchs, , asf@jabber.at, antifuchs