* new cite-region feature
@ 2002-06-15 17:36 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-06-15 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just wanted to say that the new cite-region feature is way cool.  I
use it because with it, I can cite _more_ than Gnus would normally
cite.  For example, in the previous message I cited some code from a
diff.  It was a text/x-patch part, and just hitting `F' wouldn't cite
it (even though the buffer was currently displaying the part).  But I
just marked the diff and then hit `F' from the article buffer.

Yay!  Yay!

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)

* Re: new cite-region feature
@ 2002-06-16 19:16 ` Andreas Fuchs
From: Andreas Fuchs @ 2002-06-16 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2002-06-15, Kai Großjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@cs.uni-dortmund.de>
wrote:
> For example, in the previous message I cited some code from a
> diff.  It was a text/x-patch part, and just hitting `F' wouldn't cite
> it (even though the buffer was currently displaying the part).  But I
> just marked the diff and then hit `F' from the article buffer.

The fact that the workaround works is good to know, but it still is
that: a workaround. Would it be very hard to fix
`gnus-summary-followup-with-original' so that it cites all displayed
parts of an article?

--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf@acm.org>, asf@jabber.at, antifuchs

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: new cite-region feature
@ 2002-06-18 15:59 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2002-06-18 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Jun 15 2002, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> I just wanted to say that the new cite-region feature is way cool.

ACK. I often use it to cite small parts from the original article. But
suppose you have the following article:

,----[ foo's article ]
| bar wrote:
|
| > a b c
| > e f g
| > bar bar bar
|
| foo foo foo
| x y z
`----

When I cite-region the lines from "> bar" to "foo foo foo", I will
_not_ have an attribution line like "> bar wrote:". It would be nice
if Gnus could keep _all_ attribution lines. If not needed, they can be
C-k'ed easily.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: new cite-region feature
@ 2002-06-18 16:46   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-06-18 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4uce.02.r.steib@gmx.net> writes:

> It would be nice if Gnus could keep _all_ attribution lines. If not
> needed, they can be C-k'ed easily.

You're very right.  Whee.  This might not be easy.

(Even better would be to keep only the necessary lines.)

kai
--
People mountain, people sea, today no see, tomorrow see.  (from Chinese)

* Re: new cite-region feature
@ 2002-06-18 18:02     ` Andreas Fuchs
From: Andreas Fuchs @ 2002-06-18 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)