Today, Simon Josefsson wrote: >> The message doesn't seem to come from any of the gnus sources. WTF? > > The error is from the emacs lisp reader, so most likely it is a > missing parentheses error or similar somewhere. Maybe the GCC > contains unbalanced quotes or parentheses? Gcc: nnfolder+archive:mail.2002-10 is my Gcc header. I don't notice anything unusual about it. Hmm. I just thought up a possible cause: had a power failure some days ago (gnus was running), and when the machine came up again, I had several ancient, long ago killed and unactivatable nnarchive groups. The active file was messed up, as well. Could that be the cause? -- Andreas Fuchs, , asf@jabber.at, antifuchs Was I helpful? Let others know: http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=antifuchs