* Curious about the fancy quotation style
@ 2020-10-20  6:21 陈志伟
From: 陈志伟 @ 2020-10-20  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I found several fancy descriptions when skimming gmane.emacs.gnus.general newsgroup.

,----[ C-h f user-uid RET ]
| user-uid is a built-in function in ‘C source code’.
|
| (user-uid)
|
|   Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 18.
|   This function does not change global state, including the match data.
|
| Return the effective uid of Emacs.
| Value is a fixnum, if it’s small enough, otherwise a bignum.
`----

I’m impressed that `C-h v user-uid RET’ is *clickable*.

How Gnus fontifys it and how can I generate funciton/variable documentations like it?
I think it a Gnus builtin function.

Thanks.

--
Zhiwei Chen

* Re: Curious about the fancy quotation style
@ 2020-10-20 20:40 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2020-10-20 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 陈志伟; +Cc: ding

陈志伟 <chenzhiwei03@kuaishou.com> writes:

> I found several fancy descriptions when skimming gmane.emacs.gnus.general newsgroup.
>
> ,----[ C-h f user-uid RET ]
> | user-uid is a built-in function in ‘C source code’.
> |
> | (user-uid)
> |
> |   Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 18.
> |   This function does not change global state, including the match data.
> |
> | Return the effective uid of Emacs.
> | Value is a fixnum, if it’s small enough, otherwise a bignum.
> `----
>
> I’m impressed that `C-h v user-uid RET’ is *clickable*.
>
> How Gnus fontifys it and how can I generate funciton/variable documentations like it?
> I think it a Gnus builtin function.

You can read about this in the "Article Buttons" section of the manual.
Wait, since we're talking about this...

(gnus) Article Buttons

That might do it, I forget. You can look at how `gnus-button-alist' is
used.

HTH,
Eric