* mother knows best References forcibly reinserted
@ 2008-01-16 13:24 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2008-01-16 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Gentlemen, reply to this message, but before you send it, remove the

Ha ha ha, mother knows best. It gets stuck back on anyway as it sails
forth out of gnus.

Police states love gnus. The democracy activists were traced down via
References that they thought they erased from the buffer by hand
before sending. "Gnus v5.11" http://jidanni.org/comp/.gnus.el ... in
which I have it so I can see, and one would think edit, the
references, etc. in the header, else they would be like the minibuffer
prompt and beep when you try to change them. Anyway, no fair changing
them back behind our backs. Sorry to post this issue every two years.

* Re: mother knows best References forcibly reinserted
@ 2008-01-17 14:24 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2008-01-17 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jidanni; +Cc: ding

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 21:24:47 +0800 jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:

j> Gentlemen, reply to this message, but before you send it, remove the
j> References: <HAHAHAcannotRemoveMe@jidanni.org>.

j> Ha ha ha, mother knows best. It gets stuck back on anyway as it sails
j> forth out of gnus.

j> Police states love gnus. The democracy activists were traced down via
j> References that they thought they erased from the buffer by hand
j> before sending. "Gnus v5.11" http://jidanni.org/comp/.gnus.el ... in
j> which I have it so I can see, and one would think edit, the
j> references, etc. in the header, else they would be like the minibuffer
j> prompt and beep when you try to change them. Anyway, no fair changing
j> them back behind our backs. Sorry to post this issue every two years.

We're discussing this issue in another thread, and we (at least me and
Reiner) are obviously aware of it.  Is there a reason you didn't follow
up in that thread?

Ted

* Re: mother knows best References forcibly reinserted
@ 2008-01-17 23:15   ` jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2008-01-17 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

TZ> We're discussing this issue in another thread, and we (at least me and
TZ> Reiner) are obviously aware of it.  Is there a reason you didn't follow
TZ> up in that thread?
I only am on my NNTP machine to Gmane every three days, and never
imagined that you found the same bug, so went ahead and posted without
checking the Gmane HTTP interface first. Hope the bug gets fixed soon.

* Re: mother knows best References forcibly reinserted
@ 2008-01-17 23:24     ` reader
From: reader @ 2008-01-17 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> TZ> We're discussing this issue in another thread, and we (at least me and
> TZ> Reiner) are obviously aware of it.  Is there a reason you didn't follow
> TZ> up in that thread?
> I only am on my NNTP machine to Gmane every three days, and never
> imagined that you found the same bug, so went ahead and posted without
> checking the Gmane HTTP interface first. Hope the bug gets fixed soon.

It pretty amazing that your comment came up so close to my own message
that I think is the thread referred to above.