* Yank & cite & fill
@ 1996-04-20 16:02 Ketil Z Malde
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ketil Z Malde @ 1996-04-20 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Upgrading to latest from an archaic 0.38 or so.  Now, I seem to have
lost SuperCite.  No big deal, I don't really like it that much either.

But:  I auto-fill articles in the *Article*-buffer, so when I follow up,
I want to set fill-column to 72 (through message-prepare-hook or
whatever).  Then when I yank, I want to do a cite followed by a fill.

Now, citing works fine, inserting a > in front of every line, but when
filling (which I have to do by hand C-c C-q it seems, I couldn't find a
hook or anything), everything gets wrapped into one large compact block
of text.  Could I either have the fill-function separate blocks, or,
preferably, I think, have message-cite-original *not* cite blank lines?

I've read docs and source but without finding any such functionality.
Uh..help?

~kzm

* Re: Yank & cite & fill
@ 1996-04-22  1:03 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-04-22  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ketil Z Malde <ketil@ii.uib.no> writes:

> Now, citing works fine, inserting a > in front of every line, but when
> filling (which I have to do by hand C-c C-q it seems, I couldn't find a
> hook or anything), everything gets wrapped into one large compact block
> of text.

In 0.78 `fill-prefix' will be bound to `message-yank-prefix', which
should help, I think.

* Re: Yank & cite & fill
@ 1996-04-22  4:20 ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-04-22  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ketil> Hi,

Ketil> Upgrading to latest from an archaic 0.38 or so.  Now, I seem to
Ketil> have lost SuperCite.  No big deal, I don't really like it that
Ketil> much either.

Ketil> But: I auto-fill articles in the *Article*-buffer, so when I
Ketil> follow up, I want to set fill-column to 72 (through
Ketil> message-prepare-hook or whatever).  Then when I yank, I want to
Ketil> do a cite followed by a fill.

Ketil> Now, citing works fine, inserting a > in front of every line,
Ketil> but when filling (which I have to do by hand C-c C-q it seems,
Ketil> I couldn't find a hook or anything), everything gets wrapped
Ketil> into one large compact block of text.  Could I either have the
Ketil> fill-function separate blocks, or, preferably, I think, have
Ketil> message-cite-original *not* cite blank lines?

I like filladapt mode.  To use it add
(autoload 'turn-on-filladapt-mode "filladapt" nil t)
(add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'turn-on-filladapt-mode)
to your initialization.

filladapt.el is not included with Emacs 19.30, but the version
supplied with XEmacs 19.13 will work.

--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.

* Re: Yank & cite & fill
@ 1996-04-22  8:45 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-04-22  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Ketil> Upgrading to latest from an archaic 0.38 or so.  Now, I seem
  Ketil> to have lost SuperCite.  No big deal, I don't really like it
  Ketil> that much either.

If you want it back:
(setq message-cite-function 'sc-cite-original)

hth,
kai
--
There ain't no cure for the summertime blues.