* Problem with compilation of pgnus 0.68
@ 1998-12-16 17:50 Christian Kurz
From: Christian Kurz @ 1998-12-16 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I had the following problems while I was compiling pgnus 0.68:

Compiling /home/shorty/work/pgnus/lisp/gnus-picon.el...
While compiling gnus-picons-url-retrieve in file /home/shorty/work/pgnus/lisp/gnus-picon.el:
** assignment to free variable url-be-asynchronous
** assignment to free variable url-current-callback-data
** assignment to free variable url-current-callback-func
While compiling gnus-picons-network-display-callback:
** reference to free variable url-current-mime-type
** reference to free variable w3-image-mappings
While compiling the end of the data:
** the function url-retrieve is not known to be defined.
Wrote /home/shorty/work/pgnus/lisp/gnus-picon.elc

The problem is, that I haven't installed w3, because I don't need this
package. Could some make a function which checks if this package is
available or not and then change the process of compilation? I'm very
bad in lisp, so I don't know if this is possible or not (but I'm trying
to learn lisp).

Christian
--
Das Recht auf Dummheit gehört zur Garantie der freien Entfaltung
der Persönlichkeit.                                   Mark Twain