* The "nnmail-spool-file" variable stopped functioning ...
@ 1999-03-08 20:32 Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 1999-03-08 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using pgnus-0.79 under XEmacs 21.2-beta4.

I have been successfully using the relatively new `nnmail-spool-file'
functionality ever since it came out.  Even in this current version of gnus,
it has been working just fine for all my nnml groups.

However, yesterday, I changed the select method for some of my
non-mail newsgroups from nnspool to nntp, and since then, the following
line has no effect any more, even though it used to work fine to cause
my email to be read from the various *.in files within the directory
/home/myself/Mail/ ...

   (setq nnmail-spool-file '((directory :path "/home/myself/Mail/"
                                        :suffix ".in")))

I think that I must have accidentally screwed up my select method
or some related attribute of my nnml groups.  When I do a `G c'
on any of these newsgroups, the select method appears as "nnml:email",
and to the best of my recollection, this is the same as it was previously.

What could be causing the `nnmail-spool-file' information to no longer
work for these nnml groups?  I believe that this is probably a simple
thing to fix, but I haven't been able to figure out what to do, since
I never was all that much of an expert on this new `nnmail-spool-file'
methodology.

Also, I have to admit that I don't recall exectly what I did to change
the select method on my groups from nnspool to nntp ... there was a
command described somewhere within the "info" documentation, but I
haven't been able to find it again.  But even if I figure out this
command, I'm not sure how I would use it to re-enable the recognition
of the *.in files within that directory.

It should also be noted that I didn't change any elisp code in .gnus.el
or any other file.

Thanks in advance for any help any of you could give me.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com