* nndraft
@ 2002-02-21  9:49 Niklas Morberg
From: Niklas Morberg @ 2002-02-21  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm confused about how Drafts work. The info file
(gnus)Drafts tells me:

     When you want to continue editing the article, you
     simply enter the draft group and push `D e'
     (`gnus-draft-edit-message') to do that. You will be
     placed in a buffer where you left off.

which does not work. `D' is bound to
`gnus-summary-mark-as-read-backward'. Of course, this also
means that no command prefixed by `D' will work (e.g. `D s').
In addition to this, `C-h f gnus-draft-edit-message' does
not match anything.

Using `e' does work, but when I `C-x C-s' I'm asked where
the file should be saved (I was kind of hoping that the
draft should just be updated and I could continue the
editing later).

Is the documentation outdated, or is there something else
that is wrong?

Niklas

* Re: nndraft
@ 2002-02-21 11:24 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2002-02-21 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Niklas Morberg <niklas.morberg@axis.com> writes:
> `D' is bound to `gnus-summary-mark-as-read-backward'

This is something that seems to happen to a fair number of people, and
no one seems to understand why.  The problem is that your group
properties have lost the draft-specific detail.

Edit nndraft:drafts properties with `G p', and make the group
properties look like this:

((gnus-dummy
  (gnus-draft-mode)))

It is gnus-draft-mode that sets up the `D' keymap.

From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2002-02-21 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Niklas Morberg @ 2002-02-21  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1997-10-30 21:57 Justin Sheehy
From: Justin Sheehy @ 1997-10-30 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rocks my world.

I just wanted to mention that I hadn't really been using the draft
support until this past week or so... and now I would hate to lose it.

Thanks, Lars!

--
Justin Sheehy

In a cloud bones of steel.