* Default window configuration for replying.
@ 2002-02-21 14:38 Matthieu Moy
From: Matthieu Moy @ 2002-02-21 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

The  default configuration  when  replying without  yanking shows  the
"article-copy", in  raw form, and  I find it  uggly. It shows  all the
headers, and  the message appear at the  bottom only if you  have a 25
inch screen ;-)

Shouldn't it be more like this ?

(gnus-add-configuration
 '(reply
   (vertical 1.0
	     (article 0.3) ;; We can discuss on this 0.3 instead of 0.5
                           ;; but it's more difficult to argue for the
                           ;; article-copy instead of article.
	     (message 1.0 point))))

--
Matthieu

* Re: Default window configuration for replying.
@ 2002-02-21 19:10   ` Matthieu Moy
From: Matthieu Moy @ 2002-02-21 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Matthieu Moy <Matthieu.Moy@imag.fr> writes:
>
>> The  default configuration  when  replying without  yanking shows  the
>> "article-copy", in  raw form, and  I find it  uggly. It shows  all the
>> headers, and  the message appear at the  bottom only if you  have a 25
>> inch screen ;-)
>
> It appears you don't want to use any of the information in the
> *Article* buffer,

Yes, showing  the article is a good  thing, but not in  raw form (like
with C-u g when reading, instead  of 'g'), with *all* the headers, and
no color.

From: Matthieu Moy @ 2002-02-21 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2002-02-21 17:31 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-02-21 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Matthieu Moy <Matthieu.Moy@imag.fr> writes:

> The  default configuration  when  replying without  yanking shows  the
> "article-copy", in  raw form, and  I find it  uggly. It shows  all the
> headers, and  the message appear at the  bottom only if you  have a 25
> inch screen ;-)

It appears you don't want to use any of the information in the
*Article* buffer, for if you did want to use it, you'd do `F' or `R'
instead of `f' or `r'.  So Gnus shows you the original article
buffer, thinking that maybe you want to copy and paste some part that
wasn't shown in the *Article* buffer.

Hm.

I wonder whether that's a convincing argument.  I just wanted to
present it.  It might even be the real reason why things are that way
:-)

Does anyone remember what was being said about this back in the mists
of time.  I think that Lars talked about this behavior, but I don't
remember specifics.  It could have been anytime between 1996 and
2000, say.

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)

From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-02-21 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding