* Re: nnimap and not loading attachments
       [not found] ` <ilun0y1mcux.fsf@extundo.com>
@ 2002-02-22 21:49   ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-02-22 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

[ The thread was on gnu.emacs.gnus newsgroup. ]

> Teppo Peltonen <teppo.peltonen@kolumbus.fi> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there any way make gnus leave mime attachments on the server when
>> reading mail using nnimap?
>
> Not currently, sorry.  Supporting it would take some redesign, so it
> probably wont be implemented soon.

How about implement it by replacing large attachments with
message/external parts.  Then we can invent a private method for imap,
and add a function into mm-extern-function-alist to retrieve imap
parts. I am not familiar with IMAP protocol, so it is just a wide
thought.

ShengHuo

* Re: nnimap and not loading attachments
@ 2002-02-22 22:05     ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-02-22 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

>> Not currently, sorry.  Supporting it would take some redesign, so it
>> probably wont be implemented soon.
>
> How about implement it by replacing large attachments with
> message/external parts.  Then we can invent a private method for imap,
> and add a function into mm-extern-function-alist to retrieve imap
> parts. I am not familiar with IMAP protocol, so it is just a wide
> thought.

One problem might be that I don't think it is possible to find out how
large a specific MIME part is.  But that shouldn't too problematic,
looking at RFC822.SIZE and replacing all MIME parts with
content-disposition=attachment is probably OK.  Another problem is
finding someone to implement it. :-)

From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-02-22 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-02-22 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)