* Expiration problem
@ 2002-03-06  8:00 Niklas Morberg
From: Niklas Morberg @ 2002-03-06  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've recently set `gnus-use-cache' to `passive' after having
it at `t' for a while. I'm using nnimap. When I was using
the cache, I had a couple of articles ticked. After turning
off the cache, I wanted to get rid of these articles. But it
is not possible.

They keep showing up again and again. I've tried both
expiration and deletion, but nothing works. Using another
mail agent and looking in my IMAP folder tells me that the
messages are not there.

So, how do I delete them from the cache?

Niklas

* Re: Expiration problem
@ 2002-03-06  8:57 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-03-06  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Niklas Morberg <niklas.morberg@axis.com> writes:

> They keep showing up again and again. I've tried both
> expiration and deletion, but nothing works. Using another
> mail agent and looking in my IMAP folder tells me that the
> messages are not there.

Did you try M-*?

kai
--
Silence is foo!

From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-03-06  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Niklas Morberg <niklas.morberg@axis.com> writes:

> They keep showing up again and again. I've tried both
> expiration and deletion, but nothing works. Using another
> mail agent and looking in my IMAP folder tells me that the
> messages are not there.

Did you try M-*?

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re:  Expiration problem
@ 2002-03-06 10:37   ` Niklas Morberg
From: Niklas Morberg @ 2002-03-06 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Did you try M-*?

No. I did try M-u however, which did not work. For a moment
there I thought that clearing marks restored an article to
its original state (whatever that is), but it does not
affect caching status.

Hang on, I'll see what happens...

Excellent. M-* does exactly what I was after. Thank you.

From: Niklas Morberg @ 2002-03-06 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

@ 2002-03-06 11:32     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-03-06 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Niklas Morberg <niklas.morberg@axis.com> writes:

> No. I did try M-u however, which did not work. For a moment
> there I thought that clearing marks restored an article to
> its original state (whatever that is), but it does not
> affect caching status.

No, M-u removes read and unread marks, but "*" is neither a read nor
an unread mark.

kai

From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-03-06 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding