* MIME charset display without "MIME-Version: 1.0"?
@ 2002-03-08 12:01 Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2002-03-08 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please take a look at news:Xns91CB652CA3883Arioch@194.177.210.210.  In
my recent o0.06 (as of 2 or 3 days ago), this article displays with
valid lowercase Greek characters.  The article contains legitimate
Content-Type and Content-Transfer-Encoding headers, but it contains no
MIME-Version header.  Is not MIME-Version required to begin the
process of MIME comprehension?  Is Gnus now intuiting MIME-ness where
it does not actually exist?

Screenshots of these articles as they displayed for me, normally and
"raw" via `C-u g':
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~karl/gnus/screenshots/2002_03_08_064623_shot.gif
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~karl/gnus/screenshots/2002_03_08_064635_shot.gif
(I can't explain where that icky green tinge comes from -- must be
something to do with my screenshooter.  I display white-on-black.)

* Re: MIME charset display without "MIME-Version: 1.0"?
@ 2002-03-08 12:27 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-03-08 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Kleinpaste <karl@charcoal.com> writes:

> Please take a look at news:Xns91CB652CA3883Arioch@194.177.210.210.  In
> my recent o0.06 (as of 2 or 3 days ago), this article displays with
> valid lowercase Greek characters.  The article contains legitimate
> Content-Type and Content-Transfer-Encoding headers, but it contains no
> MIME-Version header.  Is not MIME-Version required to begin the
> process of MIME comprehension?  Is Gnus now intuiting MIME-ness where
> it does not actually exist?

Without "MIME-Version", Gnus displays the article with the non-MIME
routine.  In the non-MIME routine, Gnus still uses the charset setting
in Content-Type.

ShengHuo

From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-03-08 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)