Niklas Morberg writes: > This is probably unrelated, but BBDB keeps updating your > name every time I see a new message from you. > > My *Messages* buffer tells me: > > name mismatch: "Kai Großjohann" changed to "Kai Großjohann" > > I don't get it and I certainly don't know what to do about > it... I've been getting that too, and the problem seems to be that bbdb no longer opens the bbdb file using the encoding I tell it to use. This used to work, but after updating bbdb from cvs recently-ish, it stopped working. The .bbdb buffer had iso-2022-jp or something similar when I checked it. (modify-coding-system-alist 'file (regexp-quote (expand-file-name bbdb-file)) 'iso-8859-1) And now, message insists on splitting this message. *sigh*