* 'n' doesn't take me to the next group anymore
@ 1999-11-20  9:35 Dan Mills
From: Dan Mills @ 1999-11-20  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm not sure if this came from screwing aroung with my ~/.gnus, or
what, but pressing 'n' in summary mode when there are no unread
articles doesn't ask me to jump to the next unread group anymore.  It
doesn't take me back to the group buffer either, it just says "no
unread articles".  What could be going wrong?

-Dan

--
Dan Mills, Duke Class of 2000         -o)
email: dm(at)cs(dot)duke(dot)edu      /\\

* Re: 'n' doesn't take me to the next group anymore
@ 1999-11-20 19:19 ` Jody M. Klymak
From: Jody M. Klymak @ 1999-11-20 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Hello Dan,

if it makes you feel better I had this problem for a while too.  It
was somehow related to moving my groups around improperly so that it
breaks the group lists.  Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can shed
more light on this.

It eventually went away, I think after I did some cleaning in my group
buffer and then restarted gnus a few times.  It took a bit of playing
around though, and I forget the exact sequence.

Good luck,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak                         APL/School of Oceanography,
Doctoral Candidate                  University of Washington

* Re: 'n' doesn't take me to the next group anymore
@ 1999-11-22 21:45 ` Aaron M. Ucko
From: Aaron M. Ucko @ 1999-11-22 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Mills <dm@cs.duke.edu> writes:

> I'm not sure if this came from screwing aroung with my ~/.gnus, or
> what, but pressing 'n' in summary mode when there are no unread
> articles doesn't ask me to jump to the next unread group anymore.  It
> doesn't take me back to the group buffer either, it just says "no
> unread articles".  What could be going wrong?

Perhaps you changed the value of gnus-auto-select-next?

gnus-auto-select-next's value is

Documentation:
*If non-nil, offer to go to the next group from the end of the previous.
[...]

--
Aaron M. Ucko, KB1CJC <amu@mit.edu> (finger amu@monk.mit.edu)

* Re: 'n' doesn't take me to the next group anymore
@ 1999-11-23  1:31   ` Ted Stern
From: Ted Stern @ 1999-11-23  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    Aaron> Dan Mills <dm@cs.duke.edu> writes:
    >> I'm not sure if this came from screwing aroung with my ~/.gnus, or
    >> what, but pressing 'n' in summary mode when there are no unread
    >> articles doesn't ask me to jump to the next unread group anymore.  It
    >> doesn't take me back to the group buffer either, it just says "no
    >> unread articles".  What could be going wrong?

    Aaron> Perhaps you changed the value of gnus-auto-select-next?

Oddly enough, I just noticed that gnus-auto-select-next switched to nil after
running nnweb through dejanews.

--
 Ted Stern --- Computational Mathematician:  Applications and Math Libraries
 Tera Computer Company                                   http://www.tera.com

* Re: 'n' doesn't take me to the next group anymore
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-12-01 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Stern <stern@tera.com> writes:

> Oddly enough, I just noticed that gnus-auto-select-next switched to nil after
> running nnweb through dejanews.

That is, indeed, kinda odd.