From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com>
To: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>, ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: How to make a warning message reveal the file it involves
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 13:02:00 -0400	[thread overview]

Even better would be the problem line in that file along with the file
name.  Emacs has a --debug option for this, but I haven't been able to
figure out how to use it.  Maybe improve the emacs tutorial by showing a
file with one or more deliberate errors in it then have emacs --debug
run and show what to do to find the error(s) and how to fix them.  That
would likely beneficially effect most users especially new users.