* nnmail-resplit-incoming
@ 1996-07-15 21:56 David Worenklein
From: David Worenklein @ 1996-07-15 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want my incoming mail broken into groups, but I want several of
those groups to appear in my xfaces display, which means that I have
to set procmail to dump them all in the same spool file and have gnus
split them. But I don't want gnus to split any of the other groups. So I've
made nnmail-resplit-incoming take a list or function.

I know that I can just leave them in the nnmail-spool-file, but that
only gets read when I call gnus-group-get-new-news with no arguments.
If I hit M-2 g, to just get my mail groups, the nnmail-spool-file
isn't read.

The patch is for 5.2.19.  (I can't get 5.2.34 to work with XEmacs
19.13, and I can't get SQL-MODE to work without 19.13.  And I can't work
without SQL-MODE. :-) )

*** nnmail.el	Mon Jul 15 17:45:53 1996
--- nnmail.el~	Sat Jun 15 05:06:30 1996
***************
*** 712,728 ****
    "Go through the entire INCOMING file and pick out each individual mail.
  FUNC will be called with the buffer narrowed to each mail."
    (let (;; If this is a group-specific split, we bind the split
  	;; methods to just this group.
  	(nnmail-split-methods (if (and group
! 								   (or (eq nnmail-spool-file 'procmail)
! 									   nnmail-use-procmail)
! 								   (or (not nnmail-resplit-incoming)
! 									   (and (functionp nnmail-resplit-incoming)
! 											(eval (list nnmail-resplit-incoming group)))
! 									   (and (listp nnmail-resplit-incoming)
! 											(not (member group nnmail-resplit-incoming)))))
  				  (list (list group ""))
  				nnmail-split-methods)))
      (save-excursion
        ;; Insert the incoming file.
        (set-buffer (get-buffer-create " *nnmail incoming*"))
--- 712,724 ----

--
 David C. Worenklein                                       GREENWICH   CAPITAL
 Operations Support                                        M a r k e t s,  Inc

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-07-15 21:56 UTC | newest]