* "Invalid coding system: ascii" when opening in external browser
@ 2016-04-14 10:00 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2016-04-14 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

sometimes when trying to open a message in the external browser (
running gnus-article-browse-html-article via K H) I get the following
error message:

,----
| gnus-article-read-summary-keys: Invalid coding system: ascii
`----

This does not happen always, only sometimes.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Rainer
--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: "Invalid coding system: ascii" when opening in external browser
@ 2016-04-14 14:42 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-04-14 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Rainer writes:

> Any ideas how I can fix this?

Step 1 might be sharing, or constructing, an example that triggers the
problem?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Vi är inte riktigt kloka när man tänker efter."             Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: "Invalid coding system: ascii" when opening in external browser
@ 2016-04-14 15:53   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2016-04-14 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Sjøgren; +Cc: ding

> Rainer writes:
>
>> Any ideas how I can fix this?
>
> Step 1 might be sharing, or constructing, an example that triggers the
> problem?

Good idea - what is the best way of doing this? Can I attach the mail? I
assume that if I just send it to the list, it will become span?

Rainer

--

@ 2016-04-14 16:20     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-04-14 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Rainer writes:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

>> Step 1 might be sharing, or constructing, an example that triggers the
>> problem?

> Good idea - what is the best way of doing this? Can I attach the mail? I
> assume that if I just send it to the list, it will become span?

Attaching it should work, I think? Otherwise put it somewhere it can be
downloaded.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Jeg synes U2 er et voldsomt overvurderet orkester.          Adam Sjøgren
  Jeg synes Bruce Springsteen er en parodi [...] Det     asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: "Invalid coding system: ascii" when opening in external browser
@ 2016-04-15  8:17       ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2016-04-15  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Sjøgren; +Cc: ding

> Rainer writes:
>
>> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>
>>> Step 1 might be sharing, or constructing, an example that triggers the
>>> problem?
>
>> Good idea - what is the best way of doing this? Can I attach the mail? I
>> assume that if I just send it to the list, it will become span?
>
> Attaching it should work, I think? Otherwise put it somewhere it can be
> downloaded.

OK - just to be safe: I uploaded it to Dropbox. Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8a5hunvlhmj3ku1/TheMessage?dl=0

Hope this helps,

Rainer

--

@ 2016-04-18  4:35         ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2016-04-18  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:17:02 +0200, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/8a5hunvlhmj3ku1/TheMessage?dl=0

This looks like the one displayed in the article buffer, not
the raw html message.  Please re-post it like this way:

Evaluate this form in the *scratch* buffer:
(type C-j at the end of the last line)

(progn
  (put 'gnus-summary-write-to-file :decode nil)
  (put 'gnus-summary-write-to-file :headers nil)
  (setq gnus-save-all-headers t))

Do `M-x gnus-summary-write-article-file' for the message.