The 10000 will probably need to be a customizable variable. I'm going to do it next week. BTW, I needed to set the server variable `nntp-authinfo-force' to t in order to let No Gnus v0.7 send the AUTHINFO data to the Motzarella server as follows: (nntp "motzarella" (nntp-address "news.motzarella.org") (nntp-authinfo-user "yamaoka") (nntp-authinfo-password "********") (nntp-authinfo-force t) ...) I guess you have the FORCE element in the ~/.authinfo file since such a server variable has not been implemented yet in Gnus v5.11. Regards,