Hi, When performing `make bootstrap' on Emacs head, the byte compiler warns about cl functions used in gnus-registry.el: gnus-registry.el:MMM:NN:Warning: function `mapcan' from cl package called at runtime gnus-registry.el:985:58:Warning: function `delete*' from cl package called at runtime As for this, how about the attached patch? In addition, I got the following when compiling registry.el: registry.el:439:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined: registry-lookup-secondary, registry-lookup-secondary-value, registry-size, registry-delete, registry-insert, registry-lookup, registry-lookup-breaks-before-lexbind, registry-search, registry-prune I guess surrounding all the defmethod forms with `eval-and-compile' may be a solution (see the second patch). Regards,